Having a secure environment that is protected from exterior attackers is a continuous battle for many organizations. The methods used by malicious hackers are constantly progressing, and you need tostay a step ahead of these evolving threats. All it takes is one strategic vulnerability for hackers to gain access into your internal network.
An External Penetration Test imitates an actual attacker exploiting vulnerabilities in network security from an external position – likely without credentials or the appropriate rights to system access. This test examines external information security systems for any weakness that may be used to disrupt the confidentiality, availability, or integrity of the network. The test will attack security controls, such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, or other implemented application defenses.
Many organizations make significant investments to their external security protection. At the conclusion of the External Penetration Test, you will understand the external vulnerabilities of your network based on the recommended Silent Break Security solutions. As a result, your organization will have the decision-making tools necessary to better invest in your external security and mitigate weaknesses.
Additional benefits of the External Penetration Tests include the following:
- Identifies existing effective network security, such as firewalls; intrusion detection and prevention systems; or implemented application defenses
- Tests an organization’s external monitoring
- Tests an organization’s incident response capabilities
- Meets industry compliance
- Results in protection from external threats
- Identifies poor access controls
- Provides organizational security awareness