Web applications frequently store sensitive information or may provide an external access point to your network. Users expect user-friendliness, and as a result, web applications have increasing vulnerabilities as developers enhance user-interfaces and the applications become more dynamic. To mitigate these weaknesses, application user-improvements should always coincide with associated security testing.
A Web Application Penetration Test examines all aspects of an application to identify vulnerabilities. All Web Application Penetration Tests are unique and require a manual testing approach. The objective of the penetration test is to exploit any found weaknesses and obtain secure information or impede the application.
All web applications will benefit from a Penetration Test – In fact, many industries understand the benefits and require Web Application Penetration Testing. At the conclusion of the Web Application Penetration Test you will understand the vulnerabilities of your web application. As a result, your organization will be able to implement the Silent Break Security solutions to address security weaknesses.
Additional benefits of the Web Application Penetration Tests include the following:
- Find business logic flaws which automated tools cannot find
- Tests an organization’s monitoring
- Tests an organization’s incident response capabilities
- Meets industry compliance
- Results in protection from threats and ensures web user privileges cannot be misused
- Combined White-Box and Black-Box testing benefits
- Unbiased Testing – clear boundary between tester and developer